André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Aug 28, 2015

The Traveling Judge and André Rieu

The Traveling Judge
.
Frank Visser is a TV personality who has been hosting the "Traveling Judge" show for many years.
He travels the country with his team of legal advisors to assist the public in legal matters.

Text: Bea Kastrop - Photo: Roger Veldman: For this issue, Mr. Visser wanted to do an interview with André Rieu, a man he admires for various reasons. And André Rieu and his wife Marjorie's would not miss the opportunity for an interview with the "Traveling Judge." Here is a conversation between the two men who both had the courage to go their own way.


Mr. Visser:  "We both actually turned against the elite. If twenty years ago you would have said that you wanted to go to an André Rieu concert, you would be dismissed as a commoner. You have never let that bother you and ultimately you now mean more to classical music than the whole avant-garde music placed together. This in fact really has no influence at all. When I started the "Traveling Judge", the legal elite also looked down upon that and me. But it never occurred to me not to do that just because of it. "

Rieu: "Some time ago I met Geert Mak, who basically told me the exact same thing. He, as a serious historian was also looked down upon by the elite. It was again too popular, you understand. If the majority likes something, you as a critic can easily distinguish something by breaking it down. For us it's just a matter of persevering. "

Mr.Visser:"Exactly, as long as we have the time to live".

Rieu: 'What the h…..?! You're only 64! You are just beginning! Do you get enough exercise?"

Mr. Visser: "More than you, I think."

Rieu: 'More than me? I have a personal trainer and three times a week, for two hours at the time I am exercising. I have been doing it for three years now and it is fantastic. I am a different person! "

Mr. Visser: "I also participate in athletics. At the gym. And when I come home from my sculpting, I too take a shower, you know!"

To The Moon

Mr. Visser: "Do you sometimes dream of something totally different? Something you would still like to do or experience? "

Rieu: "No. I am living my dream. For me freedom is one of the most important things in life. Freedom of thought, of action, of "being". I do not have a boss and I can do whatever I want. My dream was to make music with my orchestra and along with that see the world, but not as a tourist. Now I travel around the world with a bunch of friends and I think it's a very nice life. Perhaps there might still be one thing ... If I could ever go to the moon ...

Mr. Visser: "That does not tell me anything at all. What do you need to do on the moon? "

Rieu: "When you look from the moon to the earth, you see no more boundaries, no black or white, no rich or poor. I like to place things into perspective and that is placing things literally into perspective. Then it's just our earth. To me it seems like a fantastic experience. "

Mr. Visser: "I used to dream of becoming an actor. If I were still young I would become an actor. As a "Traveling Judge" this is the closest I can come to the performing arts, hahaha. Originally a lawsuit was for a large part just like a theater. And the funny thing was that once someone entered the arena, the class difference was gone. Everyone could speak their mind. Even the little man. That also takes place with the "Traveling Judge" and people naturally feel that it should be that way. "

Rieu: "We really are in agreement with that. The abolition of that elitist thing. I've never did it for the success. I still don’t. I played in the Limburg Symphony Orchestra, where my father was the conductor. And I was missing something, but I did not know what. Later on I discovered that it was the sheer distance from the public which bothered me. I wanted to make music for the cleaning lady, the professor, young and old, for everyone. Music is the form of art which touches all hearts. My wife Marjorie played a very important role in that quest. Without her I would now be lying in the gutter! I mean that seriously! Classical music creates a lot of victims. Because the stress is so high. Today, the musicians have to compete against those perfect recording outfits. "

Needing a Drink?

Rieu: "You have to make decisions which have a profound impact on people's lives. Does that create a lot of stress? "


Mr.Visser: 'Sometimes. I do think it is extremely important that you have a close relationship. If you don’t, you will see in our profession, and indeed also in television, and then alcohol becomes a danger. Before I met my wife, I definitely was antisocial. In the sense of just doing what I wanted to: just studying and working. I had no interest in friends and going out for me was a waste of my time. Through a good wife and a normal family life you do get ... many of those highly paid lawyers all have a few marriages behind him. They work till late at night and then after a few drinks go home. Now I must admit that sometimes after a lengthy hearing as the "Traveling Judge" I too need a drink. The concentration is then so great! And you are just no longer part of this world."


Rieu: When I'm on the Vrijthof and I see all these people enjoying them selves... that makes me so happy. Then after such an evening I too need some red wine to come back to earth again, though. And not just I. My entire group."


Thank to Ineke for sending the article and John for Translating it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there an interview with Marjorie?

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS